When considering spine surgery, it’s essential for every patient to do their due diligence in selecting the most qualified and experienced spine surgeon in their area. Following are some important points to consider when selecting your orthopedic spine surgeon:
· Research the surgeon’s qualifications and experience – and don’t be shy about asking specific questions when you consult with the surgeon. Find out how many times the surgeon has performed the type of surgery you need – along with his or her personal success rate. Is the surgeon board certified and fellowship trained? Are they a member of a major spine organization? Are they willing to sign a consent form from any of his or her patients that would allow you to speak to them?
· Ask the surgeon to explain everything about the procedure and treatment plan in detail – and in terms that are clear and understandable to you.
· Is the surgeon (and his or her staff) invested in continuing education and the latest techniques?
· Does the surgeon have a comforting and compassionate demeanor? Does he or she take the time to let you ask all the questions you want?
· Is the surgeon in-network according to your insurance plan?
Why select Dr. Stephen Courtney as your orthopedic spine surgeon?
· Board-certified and highly-trained. Dr. Courtney is a board-certified, fellowship trained orthopedic spine surgeon by the American Board of Orthopedic Surgery and the founder of the spine division at Plano Orthopedic Sports Medicine and Spine Center. He has been practicing medicine in Plano since 1995 and has developed his practice exclusively for neck and back disorders. In addition, Dr. Courtney has been Chief of Orthopedic Surgery at the Medical Center of Plano and a member of the hospital’s Executive and Operating Room Committees.
· Innovative – with the most state-of-the-art tools, techniques and technology. Dr. Courtney has also founded a spine company known as Eminent Spine, which is a medical device company that manufactures spinal implants sold throughout the United States. He travels the country training other physicians on how to utilize these products.
· Honesty and excellence. Selected as one of Dallas’ Best Doctors by D Magazine, Dr. Courtney is known for his straight-forward, honest approach and operates only if clearly indicated with proven techniques which have earned him an excellent reputation among his professional colleagues, medical peers and patients.
· Credentials. Dr. Courtney is a member of the American Academy of Orthopedic Surgeons, North American Spine Society and the Texas Spine Society.
Call us today!
If you’re looking for an orthopedic spine surgeon in the DFW area, it’s time to schedule a consultation with Dr. Stephen Courtney. When it comes to spine surgery, you want and deserve the best-of-the-best! Call us today at 972-250-5700.